- Download the Pixelmon launcher here.
- Once the download is completed, run the downloaded executable file to install the Pixelmon launcher.
- Accept the terms and conditions and specify where the Pixelmon launcher should be installed.
- When the installation finishes, the Pixelmon launcher will start automatically. A shortcut will be placed on the desktop for future use.
- Enter in your Minecraft account details to log into your account.
- To complete this step, you need to own a purchased copy of the computer version of Minecraft. You cannot use the Pixelmon launcher if you use a cracked version of Minecraft, or if you only own Minecraft Pocket Edition (including Windows 10 Edition) or console editions (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii U).
- Click the "Create New Profile" button in the green box. This will cause the profile editor interface to appear.
- Choose the desired Pixelmon and Forge versions
- Name the new profile if desired.
- If you want to use any additional mods alongside Pixelmon, click the "Add Official Sidemods" button for Pixelmon sidemods and/or the "Browse for Mods" button for other mods on your system.
- Save your profile once you are finished creating it.
- Click the download icon in the top-right area of the launcher to install Minecraft, Pixelmon, and Forge into the Pixelmon launcher. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the downloading is finished, the download icon will be replaced with a play icon. Pressing this button will launch Minecraft.
The profile settings window
These settings can be found in the profile editor screen.
- Use custom window size: This allows a window size (width and height) to be defined exactly; it is an alternative to dragging the lower-right corner to resize the window.
- Additional arguments to use when initializing Minecraft.
- Keep output dialog open after Minecraft exits: This specifies whether the Minecraft console will persist after Minecraft closes.
- Reinstall all libraries next install: This will force all files to be re-downloaded the next time the profile is used.
The Minecraft settings window
These settings can be found by selecting the gear button in the top-right corner of the main menu.
- Volume: The volume of the music playing in the Pixelmon launcher.
- Maximum memory: The maximum amount of memory that can be allocated to Minecraft when it is running.
- Select Java Install: This specifies which version of Java to use when running Minecraft.
- Change Storage Location: Allows the location of Pixelmon launcher data storage files to be changed.
- Java arguments: The JVM arguments to use when running Minecraft.
- Auto-updater: This feature will check if there is a Pixelmon launcher update periodically (can be configured or disabled) and automatically update the Pixelmon launcher if there is one.
- Enable advanced features: This enables certain features that should only be used by players with knowledge of the subject matter, such as JVM arguments.